What a pleasant surprise! A fellow blogger and nominee, Strong Like My Coffee, has nominated me for The Liebster Award! I would have liked to nominate every blog I took the time to read… if you can catch MY attention, then YES, fabulous! However, if, unfortunately, I was unable to nominate your blog OR if you are an email follower- PLEASE, copy and paste the 11 questions I have posed to you and respond by commenting on this blog post! Love you all! Miss. Fit “Misfit” xoxo
Liebster means ‘dearest’ or ‘favorite’ in German, and the rules for accepting the nomination are:
1. Post 11 things about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you
3. Create 11 questions for the people you are giving the award to
4. Choose 11 people to award, telling them in a post.
I’m excited! Let’s do this!
POST 11 THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF
1. I have two little angels in my life in the form of Chihuahuas- Minnie and Bambi!
2. I got on my first plane when I was 2 years old and haven’t stopped traveling since! Budapest, Yugoslavia, Vienna, Belgrade, London, Milan, Scotland, Paris, Jamaica, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Belize, Miami, New York, L.A,… just to name a few!
3. I worked my butt off in University and graduated first class standing with my honours degree!
4. My ultimate snack of choice: Zesty Cheese Doritos dipped in Philadelphia Dill Pickle Dip.
5. I’m kind of sick of being a girlfriend of 8 years and would like that to change to fiancé sooner than later.
6. I’m a sucker for reality shows. Current obsessions include Big Brother, Bachelor Pad, The Real World St. Thomas, any of The Real Housewives series, and pretty much any reality t.v. show on HGTV or The Food Network.
7. I’m a spice-aholic. Meaning: When I’m cooking or preparing food of any kind I usually add at least 5 different spices randomly, and this doesn’t include any of my hot sauces.
8. Speaking of hot sauces, I have an extremely high “heat tolerance.” When we came back from Jamaica everyone was asking what I bought myself= hot sauces of all kinds. I eat jalapeño peppers for a light snack and usually create dishes that you’ll be feeling for weeks, and that I just think is “weak.”
9. I’m the most obnoxiously open and honest person you’ll meet. I’m constantly kicking myself for “sharing too much” when meeting new people. I can’t handle fake people… “fakeness” and dishonesty are highest on my list of pet peeves. With me… what you see is what you get! (And I hope that comes across in my blog).
10. I use Secret brand, “spring breeze” scented, aerosol, antiperspirant deodorant (Wow, didn’t realize how technical that sounds until I had to type it all out!!).
11. I replace the toilet paper roll to roll over (I get so annoyed by under that I once… don’t judge… reversed the roll in a public washroom).
ANSWER 11 QUESTIONS THE PERSON GIVING THE AWARD HAS SET FOR YOU
The 11 Questions posed by Strong Like My Coffee:
1. How do you like your coffee?
3 milk NO sugar… I’m sweet enough!
2. What’s your favorite thing to blog about?
Thoughts, feelings, observations, etc., all pertaining to health, exercise, food, while relating to the larger theme of “life.”
3. Do you prefer to go out for dinner or cook your own meal?
Both! I love cooking and experimenting with all of my spices and hot sauces, but I will never turn up a good meal out! If I do eat out it’s usually for Thai or Sushi- dishes that I have not quite perfected at home.
4. What is your favorite Disney movie?
Good question! I’d have to say that it is a tie between The Lion King and Peter Pan!
5. Where is the last vacation you took?
Ocho Rios, Jamaica! We were there over new years last year and it was one of the most amazing vacations I have gone on since the last one.
6. Favorite guilty-pleasure TV show?
More than one, but I’ll say: Big Brother
7. Thoughts on Crocs (the shoes):
Never bought them, never will. Will probably secretly judge you for poor fashion sense if I see you in them.
8. Do you watch or play any sports?
Soccer fan to the grave. Had the opportunity while living in England to take the train over to Manchester and watched Manchester United play against Blackburn in their home stadium. AMAZING! I also watch a lot of poker on t.v., can that be considered a sport?
9. Sweet or Savoury snacks?
10. Are you a spender or a saver?
Can’t be one without the other. I save well to spend well!
11. Where was the best burger you ever had?
Dunn’s Famous Market Deli in downtown Ottawa- Spicy Chicken Burger!
CREATE 11 QUESTIONS FOR THE PEOPLE YOU ARE GIVING THE AWARD TO:
1. Do you replace the toilet paper roll over or under (or don’t think about it)?
2. Do you continue to use a crayon you have broken in half because of applying too much pressure? Or do you reach for a new full-size one in the same colour?
3. What’s your number one, go-to, pump up song at the moment?
4. Do you fall asleep on your back, stomach, or side?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. The most rewarding moment in your life thus far?
7. What is your all-time, favourite, home-cooked recipe? (Include the recipe, please, hehe)
8. Where do you find your inspiration to blog, or, an inspiration in your life in general?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What are your top three book recommendations?
11. Have you read all of my blog posts? If no, why not?🙂
CHOOSE 11 PEOPLE TO AWARD:
1. HIAL | Rachel
2. Meagan: “Sweating Sucks…”
3. Losing With Cooper
4. HCMF Movement
5. A Confederacy of Spinsters
6. Quadruple F
7. Adopting James
9. Bunny and Pork Belly
10. Toss the Sugar Fitness
11. Healthy Happy Andy